Oracle Services Procurement – Work Confirmations – Oracle Work Confirmation is a mechanism that allows suppliers to confirm on the progress they have made against the request for delivering goods or services received through a Complex Purchase Order. Example: A consulting company creating Work Confirmation at the end of each phase of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to get partial payment from the buying organization.
How to create a Work Confirmation:
A Work Confirmation can be created using following application:
• Oracle iSupplier Portal: When supplier creates the work confirmation themselves.
• Oracle iProcurement: When the originator/requester of the requisition creates the work confirmation on behalf of the supplier.
• Oracle Buyer Work Center: When Buyer creates the work confirmation on behalf of the supplier.
How does it work:
• Once a supplier completes a part of the service/goods ordered through a Complex purchase order, a Work Confirmation can be created to initiate the release of partial payment.
• The Work Confirmation will go through the approval process; usually it goes to buyer for approval.
• Finally Work Confirmation gets converted to PO Receipt.
Popular Oraappsguide Video: Oracle Complex Purchase Order Overview
Points to be noted:
Following points to be noted in relation to Work Confirmations:
• It does not have an auto-numbering mechanism (12.1.3 or lower versions); hence it is recommended to form a unique Work Confirmation number and enter the same manually. For example: WC-
• Oracle Approval Management Engine (AME) is used for Work Confirmation approval.
• WCAPPRV is the workflow item type.
• The Work Confirmation approval notification goes to Buyer but this can be tailored using AME based on business requirements.
• A Work Confirmation can be corrected in Draft or Rejected status only.
• Work confirmation gets converted to a PO receipt after approval.
• RCV_SHIPMENT_HEADERS table can be queried to find Work Confirmations from the back end. The SELECT statement may contain ASN_TYPE = ‘WC’ in the WHERE clause while the SHIPMENT_NUMBER columns contains the Work Confirmation number.
• Work confirmation creation for partial quantity of a pay item is not allowed for Milestone Pay items while the same is allowed for Lumpsum ones.
The content posted above is based on author’s own experience and opinion. The details mentioned above may differ in various versions and scenarios of Oracle e-Business suite. You need to have required licenses from Oracle to enable mentioned functionalities.