Oracle iProcurement Contractor Request – In the current economic scenario, many companies hire contingent workers to complete a piece of job or a task of a particular project , as they don’t have clear resource forecast or budget or long-term requirements to recruit a permanent employee for the organization. The “Contractor Request” functionality in Oracle iProcurement is a robust, scalable, highly cross-functional and efficient mechanism to enter and manage the contingent worker requisition, purchase orders, expense claim and invoices that sails through the Oracle Services Procurement, iProcurement, PO, HR, OTL, iExpenses and AP modules. Let’s learn the complete contingent worker process.
You need to implement the following modules of Oracle e-business suite to use the “Contractor Request” functionality of iProcurement.
- Oracle Services Procurement: To enable the “Contractor Request” functionality.
- Oracle iProcurement: To create the “Contractor Request”.
- Oracle Purchasing: To convert the “Contractor Request” to “Purchase Order”
- Oracle Human Resources: To create person setup for the contingent worker
- Oracle Time and Labor (OTL): To enable the contingent worker to enter timecard
- Oracle iExpenses: To enable the contingent worker to raise expense claims for reimbursement
- Oracle Accounts Payable (AP): To pay the supplier of the contingent worker
So, let’s start with creating a “Contractor Request”.