As expected, Oracle has performed lot of enhancements in the R12.2.6 version and following features will surely make the tool more attractive to the users.
1. iProcurement Spot Buy: This allows a super-requestor to convert a requisition to PO without involving the procurement department. This will be useful for the low value procurement where involving purchasing department will be expensive and may not add much value. Of course, this capability should be provided only to privileged few in the requestor community only to procure low value stuff.
2. iProcurement Search Rank: Currently there is no ability to setup preference or influence the search results in the iProcurement page. This new capability will allow the procurement community to setup preferences on items, so that they appear at the top of search results everytime user community performs a search.
3. Procurement Contracts – Sub-Contract attachment: This capability allows various sub-contracts (e.g. non-disclosure agreement) to the blanket purchase agreement in addition to the usual contract terms, clauses etc.
4. EAM Calendar Based Preventive Maintenance Planning: Currently we can define preventive maintenance rule such as – every 30 days, 200 days etc. but this capability goes one level above and allow us to configure rules as – every 30 days on a Monday, every 2nd monday of a quarter etc.
5. EAM Work Package: This feature has addressed a very common business requirement of defining a work package that includes multiple work orders, work instruction, drawings etc. Oracle has also established a standard integration with AutoVue (subject to licensing) to seamlessly integrate the drawings to the work packages.
Know more about Forms Personalizations in the “Oracle Forms Personalizations – Comprehensive Guide” book: Available Here
The content posted above is based on author’s own experience and opinion. The details mentioned above may differ in various versions and scenarios of Oracle e-Business suite. You need to have required licenses from Oracle to enable mentioned functionalities.
Got queries? Please write to email@example.com.